SENIOR LOOK DEVELOPMENT ARTIST
helsinki, finland | FULL-TIME | ICVFX STUDIO
Fireframe is looking for a Senior Look Development Artist with recent experience on feature film, broadcast, VFX or game industry.
In this role you will be responsible for creating the photorealistic materials, shaders, textures, and geometric assets that define the look of environments and props for use in both VFX programs and in the Unreal game engine.
- Create photorealistic materials and textures for environments, props and characters which can be applied to real-time assets.
- Work with the show supervisors and interpret their artistic vision to create final looks, templates and materials for CG to be used in the principal photography.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the art team and engineers to achieve realistic and detailed assets.
- Define work and provide time estimates for look development.
- With the rest of the VAD team develop a coherent lighting and lookdev pipeline to unify approach and technique across the studio.
- Follow emerging trends in game engines and real-time technologies and evaluate their impact on our pipeline and workflows.
- Meet with clients to review the requirements for the artistic style and direction.
- 6+ years of experience as a material, Look Dev or Technical Artist in film and/or AAA game development.
- Experience in photo-real material/surfacing look development in visual effects production or a photorealistic game.
- Experience in shot lighting and finalizing.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating photo-real shaders and materials.
- Genuine interest towards the new ways and processes of developing content.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Pro-active doer.
- Humble attitude.
- Position is based in Helsinki, Finland. Fireframe will provide relocation assistance when needed.
- Portfolio or showreel of realistic, high-quality real-time shader work.
FIREFRAME IN BRIEF
We are a new production company focused on bringing awe-inspiring worlds and stories to global audiences. We leverage various aspects of virtual production whenever it makes sense. Virtual production enables production crews to see their imaginary environments and visual effects alive before the post-production phase. The method reduces uncertainty in the process, changing the whole workflow from linear to iterative.
Apply by sending an open application with the portfolio or show reel to the email below!